Monday, May 26, 2014

Let It Ride by LC Chase


Title: Let It Ride
Author: L.C. Chase
My Rating: A

Genre: Contemporary Romance (m/m)
Series: Pick-up Men #2
Main Characters: Bridge and Eric
Release Date: May 2014
Publisher: Riptide Publishing
Links to Purchase
Amazon  
Sexual Intensity: hot


Story Overview:
Pickup man Bridge Sullivan is the kind of cowboy everyone wants—as a brother, a friend, a lover. People think he’s straight, but Bridge isn’t one for labels, and when a sexy male paramedic jumpstarts his heart, he charges in with all guns blazing.

New York City transplant Eric Palmer grew up in foster care. While he always had a roof over his head, he never felt love or a sense of belonging . . . until he joined the California rodeo circuit as a paramedic and found a band of brothers who took him in as one of their own. Now, one in particular is making Eric’s pulse race.

When things heat up between Bridge and Eric, Bridge has to prove to Eric he’s not just experimenting with the rougher sex, while Eric must overcome his fears of being unwanted and cast aside. He knows that trusting Bridge may be the key to his happy ever after, but getting in the saddle is much, much easier than learning to let it ride.

My Review:
Warning...this review is slightly spoilerish. While I don't talk about specifics, I do refer to some emotional points in the story. These are points that most romance novels have with ups and downs. I don't feel like anything I say will ruin or hurt your enjoyment of the book though. 

I enjoyed the first book in the series, but this one was even so much better. I loved this book. Bridge...wow, I wasn't so sure about him in the beginning. He was so laissez faire about his feelings for a guy which was fairly new for him as he's usually drawn to women...not that that's bad. No, not at all. I just started out expecting him to be so laidback and easy-going about all of it. But he's so "in" with this relationship. It's gutting when it goes bad and his heart is broken. I just didn't expect for his character to get so emotionally committed so quickly. Literally, when he gets crushed, I felt it in my chest too. (Sign of a good novel...I was definitely emotionally invested in this character.)

The thing is...Eric is just as emotionally committed too. He's just lying to himself about it...trying to protect himself. His backstory broke my heart. Talk about a guy who needs and deserves someone like Bridge...Eric is that guy. And I definitely understood where he was coming from with his past and his relationship/friendship with all these guys. He doesn't want to lose them...any of them. 

I liked the story. I enjoyed the set-up. I loved the fact that Bridge is so accepting of his feelings for Eric. He doesn't see it as appalling at all (like so many books with characters in this situation do). I loved that about him. His family and friends have helped to make him an extraordinary individual which shows through in this situation. He loves a person...not a male or female and that was admirable. I liked the circle of friends and how they all reacted. I especially loved the family reaction to Bridge and Eric. Yes, I LOVED it all. Definitely a good book and one that I highly recommend. 

I received a complimentary copy of this book in return for an honest review.

No comments: